Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

RE: Totally off topic, braggadocious post. I'm on YouTube!

I was Dave Mason's Front of House (FoH) mixer for all his live shows for a little over a year.

I worked with Dave in the studio from 1998 until about 2008.

In June of 2000 Dave's studio and road engineer, Phil Bonanno (RIP), was given the opportunity to re-open an LA recording studio for Chicago Recording Company (with whom he had a long relationship) and that was going to take up most of his time in the coming years.

Dave ask me if I wanted to go on the road with him mixing FoH.

I said yes but after 13 months realized that being on the road was hard work and a pain in the ass.

The shows were great fun, everything else just became painful. Motel rooms, flying, trucking down the road toward the next show, etc.

It's more of a young man's game. Not for a 45yo with a wife and teenage daughter at home, at least not this one. I was/am too much of a home body.

In July 2001 I gracefully told Dave "I'm done" and that I had learned great respect for those that can and do.

Having been on the road for 30+ years himself he totally understood and there were no hard feelings.

I continued to work with Dave in the studio earning engineering credits on his album "26 Letters 12 Notes" released in 2008.

BTW, The mix on the DVD was mixed by Dave and Phil, post production, from the digital multitrack from the production truck seen in the DVD parked out back. However the live crowd, seen on the DVD, was hearing and reacting to my live mix of which I have credits for on that DVD.

Tre'

Have Fun and Enjoy the Music
"Still Working the Problem"

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Herbie's Audio Lab  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.