Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

RE: I don't ...RE: I Think You're Good to Go...

"Current loops are complete circles"

I understand that but doesn't the source of the grid voltage need to be part of that circle?

I was thinking that the source was the energy within the secondary, imparted there by the primary, imparted there by the driver tube.

I think in terms of the positive side of a power supply as being an electron "vacuum cleaner", needing to suck up electrons and any current (electron) flow caused by the presents of the positive side of a power supply (being connected to a circuit with the other end of that circuit connected to the negative side of the power supply) has to flow back through the positive side of the power supply to get to ground.

So, in this case, the power supply has (indirectly) energized the secondary of the IT and the electrons DO find ground through the ground side of the IT but the energy is "supplied" ultimately by the driver tube not a bias supply that's happens to be between the ground side of the IT and ground.

The grid current flows through the bias supply, but it's not sourced from the bias supply?

Paul, I realize that the above probably reads like a jumbled mess to you.

I only hope you can decipher it well enough to see where my thinking is wrong and teach me something.

Thanks.

Tre'
Have Fun and Enjoy the Music
"Still Working the Problem"

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.