Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

RE: More

Tre', I'm not familiar with the system or software you're using, so I have to ask - are you certain the signal in the upper screenshot represents "all ones"? If it does, then I certainly agree, the amplifier won't saturate. I don't think this inability to clip is representative of most systems, but it's a smart thing to do. The only problem might come about when a CD with a very wide dynamic range is in use, especially if much of the music is at a rather low output level. I often find myself turning up the volume so I can hear the quieter passages in more detail, but that makes the system prone to clipping on peaks. If the amplifier is designed for quick recovery, those brief periods of saturation are much less offensive. Anyway, it sounds as though you've "calibrated" your system so that none of this is a problem. If your speakers have the sensitivity to raise you off the ambient noise floor of your listening environment even at low source levels, it's a good approach. Wish I was that lucky! :)

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: More - Triode_Kingdom 09:49:40 09/04/14 (1)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.