Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

RE: "the question is incorrectly formulated"

1) How did you know? Perhaps you are clairvoyant? Or is it something else?

2) You did not provide any reference whatsoever. Only now you are mentioning the brand name "Mullard" - until now this was just a table illustrating your point. NOT FAIR, definitely.

3) "Mullard's work" sounds like it's a person, some genius scientist. But it is not, and there is no "Mullard's work": Mullard is just a company involved in manufacture. They did nothing for free, believe me.

Just like RCA, or GE, or Philips, or Telefunken - Mullard was a manufacturer of electron tubes. They had engineers working on the development of new products and the development of new uses for the existing products, just like they had a marketing department developing new ways to sell. Their work was neither seminal nor scientific, but profit oriented. In one word, they were not different from the Texas Instruments, Maxims, ADs, LTs... etc... of our age.

As for scientific value, all those texts are seriously lacking by the academic standards of today. With the documentation and methodology provided, no contemporary editor would accept such work and publish it in some relevant scientific magazine. If you are not aware of that, you are obviously far from scientific and scholar circles - and thus hardly in a position to give relevant comments.

4) You're done? Well, I don't blame you for that. I guess I'm done too.

http://rh-amps.blogspot.com/

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.