Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

RE: Do i need to modify this driver circuit for PSE KT88

If you were to do my initially suggested bias point, you would use a dropping resistor with a decoupling cap to ground to get your voltage at the plate load resistor of the input stage to about 330V. This additional PSU rail will offer better filtering of the 120Hz ripple.

If you want to go unfiltered and use all of the available B+, then you will need to use a larger plate load, such that the higher voltage drop across it, will get you back to the original ~125V at the plate of the 6SL7. From a quick look, it appears that a 270K resistor might get you very close to that target. I will have to take a better look though. This larger resistor will have the advantage of less distortion and better gain at the expense of more hum. You could also split the difference and use a plate load midway these two values (say 220K) and still use an additional psu filter stage for better isolation. I will have to work out that new bias point though.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Crux Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.