Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

Bypass Cap

Lew, I can't detect any significant different in SPICE with the lower cap bypassed. Gain of the circuit increases of course, but the current balance doesn't change, nor does the "crossover" point. What's funny about this is that the circuit appears to me as though it could be better analyzed without the lower stage. The bottom half looks as though it's only providing gain and acting as a mid-Z source to drive the upper half. However, I've tried to drive the upper half directly from a generator using various series impedances and DC voltages (the upper half is where the phase change normally takes place when the load Z of the SRPP is adjusted). Once I separate the two halves, modifying the value of the load has no effect on the phase of the AC current in the upper half. It's probably just that I'm not accurately simulating the lower half with a generator, but this is bothersome. Guess I'll have to confirm all this with test equipment once my workbench and shop are back together.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.