Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

??????????? on dealing with microphonics

Hi,

I had a 26 tube preamp built by a good friend of mine or he became a good friend from our dealings with the build(did a phenomenal job bye the way). I had built a few of them in my past on my own but I wanted to see what this filament bias design was about and me not being all that experienced with it I had it built for me using the filament bias. I just love the 26 tube preamp. I have not heard the 4P1L that Andy Evans uses but maybe someday I will get to hear it or own one. I know there are others as well but for now I am familiar with I think it is as good as it gets. BUUUUUUUUUTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! As the tubes got more and more used the tubes seem to have become more microphonic. Not all the time but you can hear if there are loud passages or anything that might create excitement in the room. I like it but I was wondering if it can be controlled to some extent. I am using the globe version 26 tube. I have the ST type but the builder recommended I use the globe.

Thanks!

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Topic - ??????????? on dealing with microphonics - xaudiomanx 13:40:44 08/25/14 (17)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.