Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

RE: Yes

"and if only one channel is changed I can tell within seconds and have done so on numerous occasions (used to sponsor an audio club and we used to do things like DBT a lot).
Its a lot like absolute polarity, which can hear it within seconds, usually within 30 secs. I don't claim better hearing than anyone, because I have stated many times, it took me a decade to understand it and to be able to recognize it."

I became curious, and looked up some of the other things you claim to hear. I was struck by this one, on the "tweakers' forum":

"In playing with the Alexandrite. I am building a flashing LED circuit.
Very simple: resistor inline with the LED and then hooked up to a battery (I am awaiting some AC power supplies).
The curious thing I once I turn the circuit on even without any crystals nearby I hear an improvement in my system. Background becomes quieter and more fine detail becomes evident. Dynamics improve and sound from top through bottom becomes "tighter" for lack of a better word."

In reply to another fellow traveller, you then added:

"I use the diodes in pairs. Anywhere in tbe listening room makes a difference. but i like to place them close to indicator LEDs in components. You can often solder them in parallel to existing LEDs. If your component has a low voltage PS ,you can piggy back tbe flashing u.units off of it. On mYDAC it increases bass and actually lowers the noise floor."

Are we supposed to take any of this stuff seriously? Do you take it seriously? I mean, do you actually believe any of it, or are you just dreaming up outlandish and ridiculous claims in order to wind people up? Why should we believe anything you report hearing, when some of the things you report are such manifest nonsense?

Chris
[PS: Sorry, accidentally hit the "post" button too soon! I've edited the rest of it in.]

Edits: 08/16/14 08/16/14 08/16/14 08/16/14 08/16/14 08/17/14

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Yes - cpotl 10:32:51 08/16/14 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.