Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

RE: Magnavox Rebuilds and Fultons (longish)

JJ
I was wondering about that because even tho the 6EU7 which is a 12v 12AX7 is a great sounding tube,I'm not crazy about it as a driver.The direct-coupled concertina is a wonderful idea and I think Pete would like it as well.
What tube did you use? I actually like the Mullard pentode-triode combo even tho its implemented in a long tail pair but the DC coupled concertina is worth a shot..
Some change these over to the 12AT7 like Jim McShane suggests in single driver tube amps and that works very well indeed.
BTW,you dawg..I really miss my Fulton J's but I will gladly take those RTR6s off your hands..I have a pair as well but I needed an audio transformer for one of them..I finally found an NOS one for 30 dollars on Ebay...Are those incredible tweeters or what? Those and the Heil Air Motions should be reissued IMHO.
"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong" H. L. Mencken

Edits: 04/06/14

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Analog Engineering Associates  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.