Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

RE: BTW

I get what you are saying Tre, that it is impossible to create a live event if the original recording was not live but a studio creation. Conversely, each 'track' has to be played live in any case and then all stitched together. So surely all music is live, just not played as a one off gig.
Anyway, my experience with my DC45 amp is I CAN have the illusion of a live event in my music room. Daft Punk at 95db, yes I know that's a little low, have you heard David Guetta live? But I do have neighbours. Sarah Vaughan hitting those long sustained high notes with no sign of compression or distortion. Jason Isbel being intimate and emotional with acoustic guitar.
What my amp, and all the credit should go to Jeff and Dennis, gives me is that live event with see through soundstage, hearing the whole acoustic of the recording studio and the heart of the performance.
These amps are are running at milliwatts and probably have low distortion at these levels plus lower op. point output tubes and overspec transformers and higher output loads and in my opinion MUST be used on high efficiency speakers. Mine 117dB!

There are many ways to achieve live performance in the home, this is one way not the only way. Works for me and others, try it.

Side note, my best friend, Dogman Dave, check him out on souncloud, a British Neil Young came to stay the other week and he played some songs using my standard Vintage guitar not his Martin and after we cranked the volume up on the system and played one of his recorded tracks. He was blown away as to how close it came to his live version he'd just played. That for me was mind blowing.

Please don't let this thread descend into another Jeff bashing outlet.

Thanks for listening.

Smart845

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Herbie's Audio Lab  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.