Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

RE: Let me ask you something:

I have been involved in engineering audio projects as an amateur for about 40 years (since I was 12 years old). I have no professional experience in audio except to start my own audio transformer business with not enough success soon enough.

I have designed speakers using great measurement tools and simulators available to me. But the design was still from an amateur, and other speaker designers could do more with driver mods than I could. Funny that I would try to modify some highly rated speakers, though.

I have designed and built literally hundreds of amplifiers, SS PP and SE to tube PP and SE. I have experimented with parts cheap and expensive, and find some correlation in price, but something rather disconnected often in the correlation. IOW, you have to try and see what it is every time.

I have a strong background in electrical test and measurement as my day job once was. I am now unemployed as an EE. I am trying to be a better diplomat in my stressed out manner. I have been involved on the internet for about 25 years, since the days of newsgroups like rec.audio.

I also have been into high-end analog, one of the co-designers of Gary Pimm's phono stage. I also have been lately into high rez digital, and have been fascinated more by 24 bit audio over 16 bit than high bit rates. That's another story.

I have for a living done baseband, IF, analog and digital, RF, and microwave circuits. I have designed and analyzed and measured many things. I have done work in microwave metrology. I spent 25 years in a leading electronic test and measurement company as a manufacturing engineer and sometime lab development engineer.

I used to be well known here, but I have been lately trying to be anonymous due to past digressions.

Well, that's a quick positively spoken biography. Then there's my dark side :-)

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.