Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

RE: What people hear?

....I can say people say that or seem to like or whatever, but I can only KNOW if I hear myself, And I have developed the habit of trying not to generalize results for myself because no two situations are the same."

See previous post on the auditive processing ability of the brain. If we can hear at 100,000 bits per second but only consciously process the information at 126 bits per second, it seems to follow that individual appraisal of what is heard will vary wildly, even when the actual perception of the sound may be relatively constant. We all interpret differently not just for philosophical and psychological reasons but out of the single dumb fact that our processing ability for perceptions is really crap.

Lloyd Morgan's Canon -

"In no case is an animal activity to be interpreted in terms of higher psychological processes if it can be fairly interpreted in terms of processes which stand lower in the scale of psychological evolution and development."

Andy

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: What people hear? - andy evans 00:55:06 09/05/12 (1)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.