Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

RE: the many and the few...

I enjoy your posts Dennis. I'm glad you put up with the bully boys and carry right along.

Can't say your posts make complete sense or that I agree with all you say but there is enough sense in them in places for me.

If nothing else, a good amp is more than its schematic. That is where the "cooking" is. That's where the "flavour" is.

That's what I want. The moment anyone says to me "my amp is neutral", that indicates a sure sign they really don't know what they're talking about.

Those that don't get the above sentance will no doubt think that I want an amp to colour eveything and that I want all things to sound a certain way. Not true! And the people I know who do similar things are the ones I respect most. Bit of engineering, bit of flavour to taste.

My system largely uses recording studio gear; some of it classics of their kind. I like this equipment because it gives me the best window into recordings I know how to do. Best for me :)

cheers,

Stephen

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: the many and the few... - Stephen R 12:01:33 08/29/12 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.