Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

RE: the many and the few...

Actually, a few more!

I never promoted them because they are tough to build right, and I'm not interested in mass production in this time, and with the many restrictions, rules, regulations, taxes, and other certain-to-become disasters currently being imposed on Americans who actually want to market something.

Mass Marketing now requires Corporations, scads of lawyers, and many personnel who are mostly devoted to keeping the owners and do-ers safe from harm. Prices can reflect drastic markups because of all this-- sometimes over 1000% or more.

I never did any kind of electronics for a living. I never intend to. You can go to China if you think you can afford to manufacture there. Next year, in the USA, they intend to FORCE people to buy "health" Insurance. This is nothing but a guarantee of drugs-- it benefits Pharmaceutical Corporations-- NOT ONE SINGLE individual.

People should want HEALTH-- not "Health Care". Well, equipment manufacturers are going to get trapped into to providing drugs for Prescription Druggies!

It should be obvious by now that I build amps for only those who know what they are-- and want them. I do have a website. I need that. People do want to look at things.

It's a hobby that grew into satisfying a few people-- nearly all studio professionals-- who wanted what they heard at a friend's place-- in their homes. A few heard the systems at RMAF's and realized that they were hearing something very close to the studio mike feeds-- over speakers-- in a room.

So those few now have it. I won't be building many more pieces of equipment that are built this perfectly. Costs will eliminate them, and time marches on. Anyone who has this stuff will remain way ahead for years-- in audio fidelity.

Things are what they are. Things do what they do. Trying to analyze something without actually using it-- is-- STUPID.

Trying to judge people who do things right-- because they don't answer your questions in your way is also-- STUPID.

---Dennis---

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.