Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

RE: Yes, yes, yes

This is very simple. Someone porposed that a bigger cap would have a lower Z and therefore cause less of an issue than a smaller cap. Dave said his experience was otherwise and so seemed to contradict theory. Wouldn't be the first time. That cap then went to a zero Z cap which is a nonsense as I already said. Anyhoo, that doesn't deal with the change in inductance in the sim we're talking about.

The notion that you propose that we are trying to make a recorded instrument sound like the instrument recorded is, as I said, IMHO, not the same thing for all people. My bet is the recording engineer didn't even try to do that in the vast majority of cases. Some people shoot for one part of it, some another. No one gets it all. Everyone is biased even tho some, especially some round these parts, won't admit it. As such all are only trying to make a music machine that works for them, that suit them and dare I say it, makes them happy. To have some "higher aim" than that is IMHO, delusional.

cheers,

Stephen

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.