Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

I never was confused........

Hi Jeff,

It's not me who's confused here - I can see the situation quite clearly. You have a particular idea about a circuit you believe works well. That's absolutely fine. You're one of hundreds who have a good idea for a circuit. You publish your circuit like everyone else does. Some build it, most don't.

I use filament bias, as another example of a circuit. I believe it works well.
- Do I tell people it's the only way to bias a tube? - No I don't
- Do I tell people they're really missing out if they don't use it? - No I don't
- Do I tell people that Thomas Mayer uses it and he is a better EE than those who dont use it? - No
- Do I tell other EEs that if they don't understand why it sounds better they're narrow minded? - No
- Do I tell people that they have no right to comment on it until they've built it themselves? - No
- Do I call it the "modern bias" and insist it supercedes all other ways of biasing a tube? - No

I should add:
- Do I believe that whatever I say will have any effect on how you think? - No I don't. And It's not anything to do with whether I'm right or wrong either!

Why I'm pursuing this I really don't know, to be frank, because I know in advance that if about 1,200 posts have had no effect then mine is highly unlikely to be any different. Maybe it's just in the nature of an experiment about rationality and I'm curious about experiments? Maybe I'm a nihilist. Maybe I'm a surrealist. Now there's a possibility......

Andy

Edits: 08/24/12

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.