Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

This will unconfuse you Andy !!! .....

I would not insult an EE who reads the compilations, executes (a) (b) and (c) below, and then doesn't buy it. That is their prerogative Andy.

What I do like to insult is the likes of people, EEs or not, who

(a) DON"T read the EE's compilations, to understand it mentally

(b) DON'T build it, and do so properly

( Al to his credit, early on, tried ... or mis-tried LSES, and "screwed it up" by using oversize, overweight junk box potted parts and other mis-optimizations. THEN, he refused to put the correct $9.95 chokes in place to hear things properly "because shipping to England was too costly, on a two pound choke". Since that time, I went on to apply PSUD 2, and made improvements, because "one size" did not fit all, and I was aware of that.)

(c) DON'T listen to it, to directly experience what it does sonically.

Yes, I will challenge anyone who does not do (a) (b) and (c) above, IF they are making remarks that are critical to the supply circuit. They obviously are working with less than a full deck.

Quit the one liners and jabs Andy, you have not EARNED the right to do that, although anyone can say anything up here. If you understand, build, and listen to the circuit, in my opinion, you can tell us all whatever you want, because you DID THE WORK. Anything else is just theory and guessing.

I object to "theory-only" non-understanders, non-doers, and non-listeners.

This is most logical. End of story.

Jeff Medwin

Edits: 08/24/12

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.