Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

RE: Thanks, TK and Tre'

Dennis

Yes Why Not !

But if you want to made this pure DC battery PSU Audio test than here is my few important remarks :
1) Always by the same tip of brand name battery manufacturer , but only dry deposed new battery !, so called `silver line` types is the best ones which usually know to last even for 8 years ! . There you well get H2SO4 solvent acid separately , so at your home or somewhere else you have to fill each battery cell with solvent acid to formate each battery ,after that procedure each battery need approx. 45 minutes to stand unconnected to be ready for use .
2) Be sure 1000% that you have some very good quality fuse holder with associated 35 - 50 A fuse placed near as posible to the one battery output terminal , since the level of stored energy in that relative high number of series connected batteries is Extremely High !!! , there every accidental long term DC power line short can cause power conductors melting & Very Nasty battery Explosion !!!
3) The best battery charging method goes with amperage of 1/10 of nominal lead acid battery capacity , for example : If you charge standard motorcycle 12 V / 12 AH lead acid battery than the optimum charge current is 12AH / 10 = 1,2 A max . This charging method assure the longest battery life . Battery recharging need to be done periodically only once at month or two .
Full battery charging is done when every 12 V battery reach 13 - 13,2 V .

Best Regards !

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Thanks, TK and Tre' - Banat 06:10:19 08/24/12 (1)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.