Tube DIY Asylum

RE: Question

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] Thread: [ Display  All  Email ] [ Tube DIY Asylum ]

This Post Has Been Edited by the Author

My, what a nasty response!! I note you don't have the ba**s to identify yourself or sign with your name or moniker.

Why are you mentioning a 12AX7 ? I did not specifically suggest that to you, did I ?? It is only usable in a DC amp. You were assumptive.

I just said "higher mu" than a Type 76. That driver tube choice is left to you, you may have a cap or transformer couple, so select wisely !

I personally do not need to defend black wire at all. That is not what this thread or my post is about. I mentioned black wire and said I don't use it. Others, notably, unclestu, gave us a good background.

I do not do religious writing. See your clergyman for that. I discuss audio up here in terms that make sense to me.

If you are Paully, whether you excuse my off topic comment or not, the amp with the two tubes you selected will likely need a redesign. That is what YOU should be thinking about now.

By the way, I think both the tubes you picked are glorious, among my all time favorites. Your future problem is, it will not work real WELL / OPTIMALLY as a TWO stage amp unless pushed hard, simply not enough gain ! You should address that before you build.

So, all this public Forum planning, bandwidth, time, and your out-of-pocket expense is wasteful IMHO.

Jeff Medwin

Edits: 05/15/12

Follow Ups: