Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

Given the right circuit and implementation, the whole "low everything" can work.

The problem most people have is not with the low DCR power transformers and chokes; these are universally good (unless you don't have enough resistance to load your tube rectifier, but you should be using Schottkys anyway.) Nor do people have a problem with using only was much high quality capacitance as needed, pretty much everybody agrees with this as well.

However, a 12AX7 direct coupled to a 2A3, to me, is a bit of a tone control. So be it.

The only problem I have had is with the sub-critical micro-choke loading calling it choke loading. And my problem with it was more to do with the label than what it actually is. The circuit generates more B+ ripple than I like, but seems to work in the 2A3 circuit as designed, probably due to an element of noise cancellation.

Zen:

"Truth and words are unrelated. Truth can be compared to the moon, and words can be compared to a finger. I can use my finger to point out the moon, but my finger is not the moon, and you don't need my finger in order to be able to see the moon".

I try not to get hung up on words.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.