Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

WOW, I';m so glad you used that example!

Crest Audio in Hollywood! (now defunct)

I happen to know the engineer that built that room. He is highly competent and accomplished. I saw that room when built and did ask why all the voodoo stuff.

He had a very good explination. Crest was one of the first companies to offer mastering of SCAD and other high end formats. Well the record company needs to sell this higher priced format. They need to demo the advantages to their high end dealers. So if you are building a listening / demo room, you better use the familiar high end products.

Very old saying at work again, When in Rome.....

Now here's mine: That new facility opened in December 2011 has no esoteric wire what so ever. Mostly Gepco and Belden. Technicolor is the largest DVD / BluRAy mastering company in the world. So next time you fire up a Dolby Digital True HD soundtrack, remember it went through ordinary communications wiring.

And once again show me the lab results of the claims these manufactures make. I think it's Shunyata that always shows waveform pictures as a artists rendition. Why? There were scope cameras since the 1960s and today even cheap scopes have digital image capture capabilities. If the results are that good why not show us the actual scope picture?

Edits: 08/19/12

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.