Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

In Pentode, G2 is of prime importance

Intelligently in the 1970's, designed with a TOTALLY SEPARATE G2 supply, the stock Paoli 60M used a 62 Ohm DCR 230 VAC G2 power trannie. The Dynamic Z of the supply PSUD 2 simulates to 511 Ohms Z, and it settles in 550 mS. (see top PSUD 2 screen shot).

I have applied "modern" power supply technology for G2, and we can use off-the-shelf iron, (from Signal Transformer Co. and Edcor) to obtain a G2 supply that settles TEN TIMES faster, (about 60 mS. - much closer to John Swenson's 50 mS. threshold), and has a reduced Dynamic Z of 177 Ohms.

All this is passively designed and executed, with NO add-on active regulators (ugh, ugh) to leave their sonic thumbprint on G2. A bold new world of audio is here.

G2's treatment is "everything" in Pentode Finals, it requires a separate supply, and we are maximizing performance with the above design. This will be VERY VERY bold and authoritative sounding, yet ultra-detailed, and the 60M amps will be a whole LOT of FUN to hear. Enjoy them Bob.

Jeff Medwin

Edits: 08/07/12 08/07/12 08/07/12

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.