Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

Try these values ...

Jeff,

Firstly I agree with TK that if I was using a gapped tranny I'd keep it simple and substitute the CCS with the IT. However the major thing parafeed has the potential to provide is tailored LF boost IF you want to take advantage of that. In this case several factors come into play, including the value of each element and even the load, which is needed to dampen the resonant peak you will end up with.

From the specs I was able to get, (still not exactly sure about L for the GK and IT) assuming you go with parafeed then use something like 47K for your attenuator, start with 1K5 for your Cathode R and about 0.47uF for the OP coupling cap.

The load you are driving will play a part. If it’s around 50K you will end up with a useful 2db of boost centred around 25Hz. You can choose to further dampen this with a 47K (or lower) R or increase the value of OP coupling cap to 2.2uF to move the peak down to a frequency where the response is already falling off. You could tune the frequency and amplitude to whatever suits your system and even incorporate a variable control.

Cheers,
Naz

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Try these values ... - Naz 17:25:45 06/01/12 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.