Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

Back to basics

OK, let's start from scratch by defining the goal. I see two contradictions here. On the one hand you want the best result but on the other you seem to want to use all of the components on hand and this is causing some confusing, leading to the different responses, most of which are valid in their own way. Personally, I think too many components can lead to overkill.

Summary as I see it. If you want to use all of the components on hand then Dan's advice isn't bad. It can lead to a few other complications if you are not careful but a good solution nonetheless.

If you just want a good sounding buffer then here are some options (my opinion only):

(a) you don't really need a regulated supply but sound wise, all tube is good
(b) CCS on the plate with cap OP coupling will give you a nice result, fairly neutral top to bottom but the CCS can add its own flavour
(c) Serial connected TX OP (no CCS) will give you slightly better mids but less top end extension (which IME is already marginal with 26 tubes),
(d) Parafeed TX OP has the potential to be tuned to provide better bass performance than Serial, not much different to serial otherwise.

Cheers,
Naz

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Western Glow Tube Service  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.