Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

RE: Heyboer and Edcore for me from now on nt

I probably spend thousands of dollars every year to buy products made in the West over Chinese imports. Despite US laws regarding labelling and disclosure of product origin, it's now reached the point where nearly everything I buy online has to be investigated first. That includes motorcycle parts, audio components, DSLR accessories, etc. etc. I can't even bid on eBay in many cases without first asking the seller where a particular switch or capacitor is made. It's worth the trouble to me, but the difficulty increases every year. In local stores such as Home Depot, I now frequently find tools made by companies like Bosch with no country of origin listed, and for which the retailer can find no information, even after calling the US rep. I suspect the day is coming when Western electronic components will no longer be available, or if they are, I won't be able to afford them. When that happens, I'll stop building.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Heyboer and Edcore for me from now on nt - Triode_Kingdom 05:59:07 05/18/12 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.