Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

Actually Henry I am being a little harsh...

listening is not the only way of course, but I am honestly interested in getting to some sort of middle....It is not hard...

I had to listen all kinds of nonsense from lots of engineers during the beginning of Dahlquists work....and how many would just go listen and then, ...begin to evaluate , question, challenge...etc? few...
(Tell me Henry: how do you quantify "Imaging"...is Group Delay sufficient?)

Then we had it again during the introduction of the CD..." i.e. no , the CD sounds like crap, sorry Nyquist frequency is all you have to do, trash, and who was listening???" etc...how long did we go around that...
(How do you quantify "Digital Nastiness?")

As far as I am concerned if you don't listen, and are not quite capable of making a lot of fine distinctions concerning what you hear, and also an engineer not capable of parsing problems...then in general one is not competent and should be in a different business....I don't mean you directly because I know you do listen...thank you...however the notion that something is Quote "wrong" because it doesn't fit your theory, or someone's published work....just needs to be thrown out on it's head, as surely as the Church needs to thrown out with respect to Galileo or concerning Flatlanders...etc...

i.e. order of relavence:
First Listening
Second Measurements
Third Theories and Explanations...

Have you read Godel yet Henry???
Sincerely,
-3db

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.