Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

RE: Try changing

Stu, I'm afraid once again I have to disagree.

For fifteen years you've been charging customers to make an unspecified change to their equipment, with a guarantee that if they're not satisfied you'll give them their money back. Don't you realize that just by setting this expectation you have primed them to perceive a difference? This is such an incredibly biased experiment that it simply cannot be accepted as credible proof of anything.

You have proposed a physical mechanism to explain the differences you hear, but, honestly, it's just pseudo-technical nonsense. As DIYers, we should strive for a higher factual standard of thinking and discussion.

I have read many articles explaining how psychology shows that the more you refute a person's beliefs with facts and reason, the more strongly they are likely to hold onto those beliefs. I fear this is one such case, sad as it may be.

If you are interested in pursuing this issue, you should think about what experimental controls you can implement to rule out the possibility of subjective bias. I would have to guess, though, that you're not interested.

-Henry

The bible says it. I believe it. That settles it.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.