Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

Thanks for this Dave....one of the best (finally) posts on this

Everybody is going to have to do a little work correlating audible phenonmenon nnnnnnn (sufficent nnnnnnnnnnn's? ) to measureable quantities.....

And this is not easy....one, these things are hearable??/ questions for the big question mark people who are afraid of snake oil...??? what do they sound like??

Question for testing as Dave gives many hints....Measurement what???
All the people who want the comfort of "so called" objective, already published material, might have to get off their ass and do a little work....instead of nay say: contribute...

and Finally this is really for Henry: What are you in service of??? anyway...some nonsense in your mind?? Like many styled "Academics"...rather like Luddites...same just different...

Anyway...I am in service here, and in my Business...for the Pleasure of the experience of Music....i.e. I am here because I have some Passion about actually having a really Exquisite, Visceral, Moving experience of Music for my clients, and actually "serving people through Pleasure in Music" is a very real thing, which makes money, and puts me on the front edge of what is good in Audio. Yes I care about measurements in order to maintain quality, but that is all...why did Kimber measure something at all??? Because they care about their customers, and need knowledge to serve them! Simple...I don't think they give a damn about what comes down on one side or another of someone's pet theory, nor do they care if it is conventional. and if it were me, frankly it is confidental data which represents an edge on the competition, which is why I and others have not been able, so easily, to find it....

ok enough....I invite that we might have a project for the service of audio??? or just another pit of arguments??? and yes I am not much better..I get cranky with Henry like I used to get cranky with Jeff...

anyway peace, and good Music
-3db

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Thanks for this Dave....one of the best (finally) posts on this - Minussss3db 23:54:21 05/01/12 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.