Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

RE: Sorry,...

I have no doubt that Dennis may have found a potion of 5 different capacitors that made HIM happy, listening to his chosen sources and driving his particular set of speakers using his amplifiers. In fact, I stand in awe of his patience and perseverance. But I think you over-state the significance. There is no general conclusion to be drawn from this story. It's just an interesting anecdote. It's not solid data, even in this touchy feely subjective audio universe.

Every time you add a capacitor, you have to take the bad with the good. You cannot say you are using capacitor X because it does a great job on female vocals and capacitor Y because it does a great job on male vocals, and, by gum, when you parallel them both, you get an amplifier that sounds fabulous on male and female vocals. That might happen, but it's a happy accident. It is equally likely that you will get an amplifier that sounds like shit on vocals.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Sorry,... - Lew 08:22:45 03/21/12 (1)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.