Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

RE: Sorry,...

Hi Lew,

It would be readily audible on high efficiency speakers, when doing all film bypassing.

From what I understand, it takes a minimum of five different values to get it REALLY optimized, which so far, only Dennis Fraker, in 1989 no less, knew how to do. Also amazing to me was his development of LSES or a modern power supply WAY back then, also found in the original 1989 Serious Stereo 2A3 amp.

Myself and a few other amateurs are working on learning this bypassing topic in 2012. It takes good LISTENING on a GOOD high efficiency audio system, and a big pocket-book to do right.

Read the article on the two stage DC SE stereo amp by the two Italian audiophiles in Sound Practices, about 1994 as I recall, re: Rk bypassing. They used three caps on each Rk, a film-only main cap, bypassed with a .22 PIO, bypassed with a .01 uF Silver Mica, three in parallel, LONG time ago. Its there, in print Lew.

I write this to you as "my" side of the topic. Do and think as you would like to, I have no big problem with you doing that.

Jeff Medwin

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Western Glow Tube Service  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.