Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

Thats EXACTLY right...

And it is very audible on high efficiency speakers. Rk bypassing, almost everyone screws it up. Others have attempted it, and sorta half a**ed it, but ONLY Dennis Fraker, in 1989, had it down to a "tee". I hear it in all his amps when I listen at RMAF, assuming his digital source is clean, which is not always the case.

I'll stand 100% by that early post.

If you think about it, you may deduce why this is so Gusser. Listening to it is the way it is done, not with osillyscopes can one get it, nor with spectrum analyzers.

A film cap may measure flat, with simplified sinusoidal sources, but not play back flat under dynamic / music conditions. Different values, and different manufacturers caps, play back different parts of the audio spectrum, as heard at the speaker voice coil.

Nasty to contemplate isn't it !! That is OK, Dennis did the heavy lifting with this. ONLY Dennis did this correct in my experience. Kudos to him, that is just ONE reason why he gets my support.

Jeff Medwin

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.