Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

RE: Let me tell you a story, Larry.

Henry, I didn't have you in mind at all when I posted. I thought you presented yourself very well. When I disagree with someone I do not argue with them, I just tell them that I disagree and why and leave it at that. You seem to do the same.

There's a Greek word for stirring up the mind in a negative way, its 'tarasso' I believe. Its kind of a set-up manipulative trap and I see it all the time. Jeff is good at it. I used to do it at work quite a bit to see how quickly I could get people to fly off the handle. Most of the time it was too easy. I think a lot of what Jeff does/says is for his own entertainment. I like Jeff and I think he is a very helpful person, but he has a bit of a devious side like I do at times.

I do read through most of the posts and do learn a lot. Usually, the longer postings have detailed information on a subject when you read them all the way through. My complaint was that I would read a post, then know that the bantering back and forth was next, usually with little useable information.

I'd always wanted to be an EE since my early teens, but my lack of self-motivation and self-worth in my younger years cheated me out of the opportunity to go to college. Later I had gotten married and had a family, changed my thinking about myself, but could not afford schooling then. I'd rather be a good husband and dad than a divorced EE paying child support. So, it ends up that I'm at least having this hobby aspect of my interest in electronics opened up to me by way of the internet.

Anyway, like I said, I didn't have you in mind when I posted and its true that you can't change a person's beliefs easily (or sometimes at all). That's why I try to not argue with people. If they get you to argue, its like they already won.

Larry

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Let me tell you a story, Larry. - lektrik 21:30:39 03/18/12 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.