Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

RE: Its hard to ignore......

Though my last post may have seemed to be totally aimed at gusser and a couple others, part of it also applies to the admittedly overzealous Jeff too. As he said, he likes to stir the pot. I wouldn't let him manipulate you like that. Customers try to do that to me at work all the time. I don't allow myself to get involved in their personal issues or games.

My ears are super sensitive to any brightness/harshness in the upper midrange and high frequencies, but I love to hear the subtle details within a recording. I'd like to hear Jeff's PS in a well designed amplifier to see if its my cup of tea or not. I'm looking for something that is realistic, musical, and listenable for long periods of time. I plan on trying to build an amp with a low DCR PS soon. If it doesn't work for me and is not to my liking and if it can't be remedied to sound right, then that will be the end of it. I'm willing to give it a shot.

I'd like to see you two narrow down your differences by determining if Jeff's ideas work, hands on. Then, if they work, determine where they work, where they don't, what's good, & what's not so good. Like I said, maybe its just a matter of what you like to hear in music reproduction.

I'd like to see it handled on a 'professional' level as you both profess to be, then maybe Jeff's and/or your conclusions can be presented in an credible manner. I tend to believe things presented to me in a professional/logical manner, rather than following whoever shouts the loudest in an argument. I'm fairly new at all this electrical stuff and all I want is help in learning about how it works and how I can make it do what I want it to.

Larry

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.