Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

RE: LSES is 150uf per channel???

that 150uf value does include the final RC stage feeding the driver, for what its worth.

I don't think Dennis uses 50uf caps (smaller I think) or that much C in his supply, but what I have seen of LSES is two LC stages, .3-.5 henry chokes and 40-50uf caps per stage.

" You had sometimes only 20-30uf and a 2hy choke before the finals. And those amps performed quite well. "

so it was ok in those amps, however presented today in a "gorilla marketing" fashion it no longer works?

I think you guys just like to argue.

Because "building amps" has become a hobby for me, and I realize I'm a "newbie"... I'll build the damn thing and listen.

I'll also build other types. Choke input (l critical), etc... not because I don't believe the doctor -because I want to learn.

as I build more I'd like to get a good understanding for how measure these things.

To me this is far more productive than arguing.

The adamant arguing against these concepts, "LSES and Modern supplies" , pretty much everything drlowmu pushes... is half of what inspired me to build the thing.

The 2a3 DC amp, with Jeff's guidance on the build .......sounds excellent to me.

However non scientific these conclusions were arrived at - they do work....at least from what I hear. Maybe measurements tell a different story. I doubt it.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Herbie's Audio Lab  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.