In Reply to: RE: 5 uf instead of 1 uf... Hafler posted by corerosin on November 2, 2007 at 09:42:34:
Thank you. Those of us who have no 'formal' training in electronics (so what the hell am I doing on the DIY board?) have only people's advice to go by.
I have always been told that caps operate best at 75-80%
of their voltage rating so putting a 250-400V rated cap where there is only 30V, for example, actually LOWERS capacitance (?)(maybe only in extreme cases). An EE could maybe address this. But what do I know? - maybe I've been told wrong.
Anyway, hope to have the mods on the Hafler DH-200 completed soon - I feel that I can 'trust' it now. Just don't know where to measure bias - 250mA. Manual doesn't say.
15000uf PS caps (original 10000uf) bypassed with 47uf/100 NP
new 10uf NP input cap (possibly bypassed w/ .1uf film caps per DIY board)
all new electrolytics on driver boards
new input jacks, pwr. switch
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Speaking of caps, my SP-3 pre has some odd caps added... - PeterI 15:25:40 11/01/07 (12)
- ARC changed that cap to 4.7uf also... - mikebarney 05:40:28 11/03/07 (3)
- Great site! - Salectric 08:12:46 11/04/07 (0)
- great site.... kudos.... - mqracing 21:10:28 11/03/07 (0)
- RE: ARC changed that cap to 4.7uf also... - PeterI 12:21:20 11/03/07 (0)
- 5 uf instead of 1 uf... - Interstage Tranny 17:46:04 11/01/07 (7)
- RE: 5 uf instead of 1 uf... - PeterI 21:51:10 11/01/07 (6)
- RE: 5 uf instead of 1 uf... - corerosin 01:31:23 11/02/07 (5)
- RE: 5 uf instead of 1 uf... Hafler - PeterI 09:13:05 11/02/07 (4)