In Reply to: 6BM8 SE amp from r2r posted by dave j on April 11, 2007 at 12:06:49:
6bm8/ecl82 is a dual-section tube with a separate triode & power pentode within the same bottle. 12xx7's are dual-section too, with 2 separate triodes in the same bottle. Discover tube pin-outs at the link below. Now, you can draw your own schematic from observation if none is found on-line or in your public Library. As already mentioned, the 6bm8 triode section likely is a driver for it's pentode section, & the 12xx7's provide pre-amp gain stages. My stereo 6gw8/ecl86 (cousin to the 6bm8) uses 4 such tubes with the triode sections providing driver & splitter for the push-pull pentode output.
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - 6BM8 SE amp from r2r - dave j 12:06:49 04/11/07 (10)
- Re: 6BM8 SE amp from r2r, and other R2R comments - BofService 10:33:04 04/13/07 (0)
- Re: 6BM8 SE amp from r2r - Ron Oehlert 08:48:01 04/12/07 (2)
- Re: 6BM8 SE amp from r2r - email@example.com 14:32:54 04/11/07 (2)
- Re: 6BM8 SE amp from r2r - Tom Bavis 12:51:53 04/11/07 (1)
- Re: 6BM8 SE amp from r2r - dave j 13:31:00 04/11/07 (0)
- Re: 6BM8 SE amp from r2r - grhughes 12:29:49 04/11/07 (0)
You can not post to an archived thread.