Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

Re: I worship the DHT electric

Hi Thomas,

I'm with you on the cap comparison thing. In fact, for most purposes, I don't compare components at all as much like you (maybe), I've found a set of ingredients that seem to work well enough and there are bigger things to muck about with. I tend to be moving in a direction where more coils seem advantageous :-)

I note what you say about the diff cct being more immune to psu artifacts. I've been thinking that many people use diff ccts for that very reason however if the psu is shall we say "super", then the benefit of differential starts to diminish over single ended due to complexity. All other things being equal of course. Is this your experience?

BTW, I'd be interestd in the type of cap you mention. Reason being, up till now, I've used high uF power supplies over lower C ones as I found, for my taste, Black Gates NH and WKZ to be more suitable than the metallised film type I was using in my phono unregulated supplies.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.