Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

Re: I worship the DHT electric

When you say DAC goes directly into the DHT linestage, does the DAC still have it's own outputstage, or do you go directly from the DA-Converter ICs to the DHT ?>>

Directly from DA converters to grids of line stage, or first stage of integrated amp, which is in both cases the first of my 3 amplification stages. The volume control is after the first stage.

Would you share the schematic of the balanced linestage ?>>

It's quite banal, and balanced all through - differential pair with anode resistors appropriate to DHT (27k to 47k, whatever) and CCS under it. Published designs for a CCS include Allen Wrights, on his site, and Morgan Jones on page 134 of his book. You can cap couple this to the next stage or preferably use a transformer in push pull - I have some Lundahl LL1660, LL1635, LL1671 for example. Then the volume after the first stage and another driver stage as above, cap coupled or ideally transformer in Push Pull. Then the output stage.

I attempted a differential circuit with DHTs, which had some noise problems. This came through the differential nature, which means the filaments have a high impedance connection to ground.>>

??? Not sure how balanced can be worse for noise - my amp's entirely silent.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.