Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

Sadly, you're not alone.

HI.

Active X'overs can be a huge can of worms, as I heard complains from quite a few audiophile friends who spent years & good moneys to get it right. Of course, I am not talking ahout the same brandname you mentioned. The X-over frequency issue is already hard to resolve right.

Is that the critics' appraisals led you going into it or you actually heard it really so great somewhere.

IMO, I don't want to touch it for stereo music, which I only go for as I am yet to be convinced that the now very popular multi digital home theatre sound can take over the sonic subtlies of a good stereo system. Maybe I belong to the old conservative asses.

I've taken s much milder approach - to avoid getting into the restless sonic 'trap' my audio acquaintances already stepped into. I've taken discrete passive bi-wiring approach by upgrading my two-way factory single-wired speaker system.

I am very happy with such passive upgrade which I DIYed myself.

To make the long story short, you can check up my posts in Cable Assembly & Propeller Head Plaza in these few months on passive bi/multi-wiring topics.

Sorry, I can't contribute here in salvaging your current situation which I want to steer away.

c-J

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Sadly, you're not alone. - cheap-Jack 13:09:34 01/24/07 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.