In Reply to: Hot diggity dam!! posted by Vinnie on November 14, 2006 at 15:31:27:
I only have one classical London pre recorded tape (Solti/Elgar Enigma Variations VPO) and about 10 others between my wife's an mine (Norrington Beethoven 9th, 1st HIP one and Argo Willcocks choral comes to mind). The last time I played the Elgar, it sounded good if not as good as my LP's. I use this tape as a reference because I love classical pieces on London.
You're right, it will vary dependng on selections. It's likely your Nak is in very good shape. The issue with making compatible tapes is an old one and is due to intentionally narrow recording head in the Naks.
See Naks.com and the Sonic Sense link, but scroll to other, 1st 2 questions. In other words, some people have trouble playing recorded tapes on other machines, and sometimes not.
The maintenance question is answered below and that is very helpful for us nursing Naks.
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Hot diggity dam!! - Vinnie 15:31:27 11/14/06 (14)
- something happened to millen's followup post to me - docw 13:34:31 11/16/06 (3)
- Thanks…. - millen 15:56:35 11/16/06 (2)
- depends on your musical genre... - docw 13:44:35 11/15/06 (4)
- Agreed… - millen 09:39:18 11/16/06 (0)
- Tape Rule #1 - oldglide 20:25:52 11/15/06 (2)
- I forgot to mention - oldglide 21:33:07 11/14/06 (0)
- 600s RULE - oldglide 21:19:48 11/14/06 (0)
- IME tapes made on a 600 sound great on a 600... - mhardy6647 16:18:10 11/14/06 (2)
- Re: IME tapes made on a 600 sound great on a 600... - Vinnie 16:28:49 11/14/06 (1)
- Institution of Mechanical Engineers.... - millen 18:15:20 11/14/06 (0)
You can not post to an archived thread.