Home Tape Trail

Reel to reel, cassette and other analogue tape formats.

RE: As of Today I Own : Otari MX-5050 R2R, Tascam DA-20 MkII DAT and Tascam 112 MkII Cassette

Dave:

Thanks for chiming in. I was wishing I had your number today. There was one left. I also missed a box of Ampex 407/3600 ft pancakes for large reels. That box had maybe 6 or 7 new ones inside for $30. It was tape on a hub only, no reel.

I appreciate all the pointers and look forward to getting this one going. They had four Otaris total and a Technics 1520, an old Akai 4ch from 72 in its box that worked fine and a Teac 3340.

This has the four heads and the splicer on the flip up head cover. The capstan/pinch roller issue is this: the capstan spins fine, the pinch roller does not travel down and engage the capstan. Rewind,FF and so on seem fine. One of the VU's needs bulbs.

Thanks on the Yahoo thing, I'm a member of a few electronics boards there mostly for ham radio. Do you want me to call the professor and try and get the pother one for you? It was marked $50 and said something related to the servo motor was an issue. It seemed to Rewind/FF OK and the capstan/roller engaged properly.

E
T

three oh four 856-three three 84
ET

"If at first you don't succeed, keep on sucking till you do suck seed" - Curly Howard 1936

Edits: 04/25/15

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.