Home Tape Trail

Reel to reel, cassette and other analogue tape formats.

RE: Safety copies of master tapes on ebay

Just like you I've been tempted by a number of these 15ips 1/4" tapes but the price has always kept me from pulling the trigger.

You might question a card carrying fan of The Tape Project how the prices could stop me.

It's all the unanswered questions. None of these tapes that I know of, are coming from folks directly involved with the original recording sessions, studio or record companies. All we know is what's written on the box or reel and that could have been written yesterday.

I've asked a number of times how the folks who are buying these tapes like them and never gotten any answer.
I have heard some tapes that were produced by folks who have tapes like these and are selling copies, and I've never been impressed by the sound (the music has been outstanding).

So, once again, if you are one of the tape fans who loves these tapes, please speak up.
I'm sure that all sellers are not created equal and sharing this kind of info could help others spend significant amounts of cash!

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Analog Engineering Associates  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.