Home Tape Trail

Reel to reel, cassette and other analogue tape formats.

RE: What the heck?

Hey Ironbut, we don't disagree. Re-read my earlier post where I recommended a couple of thorough cleanings of the machine.

Also note that, more than once, I've recommended sending a sample to a mold analysis lab (which is not expensive to do). This is really the ONLY way to know what the stuff is, and how to proceed. I think you would agree.

As I wrote previously, molds and other fungi are all around us every day. They only have a chance to become an issue when we ignor them, giving them an opportunity to multiply freely. Leave a loaf of bread out for a few weeks, or don't clean your shower, and you'll see exactly what I'm saying.

"No dusting seen on the side of the tapes. Nothing visible to the naked eye on either side of the tape."

Tapes, or tape? DRam, please clarify. Have you checked the other tapes, or not? If not, take them outdoors before opening them.

For anyone who might be interested in "tape baking" (which deals with another problem of older tapes), see www.youramerica.net/tapebake.htm.

Btw, my previous reference to "Ironbutt" wasn't intended as an insult or anything - I simply didn't remember if you spelled your monikor with one "t" or two. Now I know. Although, "Ironbutt" would be humorous.

:)

Edits: 06/16/14 06/16/14

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: What the heck? - Inmate51 21:01:08 06/15/14 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.