Home Tape Trail

Reel to reel, cassette and other analogue tape formats.

Oh...

Why?...as all you need to do is send it to the tech who restored mine.

Seriously though, I bought this unit about 3 years ago for next to nothing as the seller was basically just trying to get rid of it. Without knowing of what I bought and getting into, the first time I had it everything was functioning well and sounded good to boot or so it seemed until I started playing and recording with it. Then the problems started creeping up one by one to the point that I just gave up using it for at least a year or so.

Then finally this year I decided to send it to a tech to give it an once-over to find out what is wrong with it. Well, that was a big mistake because he found out and then some of what was wrong with it. I was thinking about cutting my losses by leaving the unit with him as I wasn’t going to pay another cent on shipping it back to me.

Anyway to make my story short, after a week of price haggling on the restoration, we finally came to an agreement. I’m glad that I made that decision, because I finally have the opportunity to hear what this unit sounds like when it was new.

Edits: 04/16/14 04/16/14

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Herbie's Audio Lab  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Oh... - kootenay 13:40:14 04/16/14 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.