Home Tape Trail

Reel to reel, cassette and other analogue tape formats.

Berlant and pre-recorded radio tapes

Hi

I found the asylum looking for information to repair my Magneplanars and then saw the tape group. I have had tape since the mid 60's. Bought a new Crown SX724 and SP724 for my home. Sold stereo part-time in 1970 and ran across an EE professor 'up-grading' his stereo system. My listening room is too small so the heat from the tube amps did not work. He had a Berlant Model 30 with tube playback electronic he built for himself. It has 2 track and 4 track heads. He bought it new, I think I can find the original manual. Seeing the interest here makes me think I should sell it. Where is the best place?

The other thing I saw here was the interest in pre-recorded tapes. I must have over 100 programing tapes from a country radio station. The programing service sent new ones on a schedule. They are from Drake - Chenault and were from the 70's. 10.5" plastic reels with both types of hubs. Recorded 2 track at 7.5 ips. Many of them still have the program lists. I have had them since the station retired them. I got them as a source of blank tape, so the hundred is what's left. Do people on this forum still use this format?

I used those tapes and a bunch of new Scotch 206 10.5" reels to do live recordings with the Crown and my Neuman U-87 microphones.

I have sold out and gone digital. Still maintain my reel to reel stuff to play back those one of a kind tapes.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Topic - Berlant and pre-recorded radio tapes - jimtiki 16:07:31 01/05/14 (1)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.