Home Tape Trail

Reel to reel, cassette and other analogue tape formats.

I'm posting a duplicate.

I posted this earlier today in the Vinyl Asylum....

Like you, I still have a large collection of cassettes. I was born in '71 so by the time I had any interest in recorded music, cassettes were all the rage. I was not an early adopter of CD and continued buying cassettes until I got my first turntable in '91.

I still use a 'Walkman' on very regular basis and prefer the format to MP3s on my iPod (which I reserve now for the car) for many different reasons. Nostalgia is probably a big one, but I like the mechanics of a nice cassette deck, and the sound quality is more than acceptable and sometimes pleasantly shocking.

I've got 3 cassette decks at home...a Pioneer CTWM-77R (multi-cassette player pictured), a NAD 6300, and a JVC TD-v711 along with a gaggle of portables including two Pro-Walkmans (Walkmen?). I haven't given up on cassette and will probably continue to use it as long as cassettes and service are available.

But I suggest the rest of you stay away from this dead format, and especially the dwindleling reserves of quality tapes available. Just stay away.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.