Home Tape Trail

Reel to reel, cassette and other analogue tape formats.

RE: Are Tandberg Decks Known To Be Unreliable?

Braxus

I've been following your almost similar writings on three, or is it four different fora.

Now you even start speculating in modifying and combining a Nakamichi decjk with a Tandberg deck.

According to you other suggestion on what could be the trouble here and how you have let incompetent DIY guys work on this worn down deck, this combination sh*t is for real a long shot.

You will soon get to be known as "the guy with the broken dieck".

Why in hell would anyone want to compromise a TCD 3014 deck with any electronics or running gear from any Nakamichi deck?
And when realizing it's a real bad idea, then why not just settle with the compromise of the Nak deck in the first place?

You have one big problem:
You are not able to purchase a deck in working order and you are not able to make a broken deck work with or without help from other people.
Oh, that was more than one problem.

I start to think if you at all will be able to take advantage of a deck with the qualities of the TCD 3014A?

Gee man.
You have screwed up in this deal. Eat the losses and get on with life.

Your single deck issues seems on the net as if there were 100.000 TCD 3014 decks all with issues.
Don't forget that most people enjoying these decks have never even thought about the idea of visiting any fora on the internet concerning hifi and they will live happily with their Tandberg decks ever after.

Accept that you have the biggest part in this issue and forget everything or pull yourself together and finaly find THE competent person capable of doing this job.
It's silly to count on any DIY guy solution at this point.

So do you really want to be known as "The guy with the broken dieck" in the future?

"dolph"

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.