Home Tape Trail

Reel to reel, cassette and other analogue tape formats.

RE: my experience

Well I ran into the problem again today when doing the same tape that failed yesterday. But today I had to re-record it 3 times due to the levels being low, and the sound just not being quite right. On the third attempt the sound problem reared its ugly head again and the sound dropped out. So I did a simple test. I tugged on the left spindle to take up slack to see if the sound qould come back. No difference. So Im starting to think its not the transport at all. Being this problem happens when the deck has been used for a bit, Im starting to wonder if maybe a bad electrical component is happening once it heats up and then fails. Sort of like a bad cap. Im not sure if all the caps in the deck were replaced or not. I know some were. In the right channel it almost sounded out of phase too when listenning today.

So I can live with a bad electrical component as long as the transport is not failing. If it is what I think it is- then the deck is worth keeping to me and a simple fix is in order. A bad electical component could also be what is causing the static sound I've been hearing since I got the deck back.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: my experience - Braxus 19:14:21 01/14/12 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.