Home Tape Trail

Reel to reel, cassette and other analogue tape formats.

RE: Pioneer CT-93 Compared to Tandberg 3014A

Nak is being making decks for ever even for others before they starded their on. Dragon started in 1980, and got better updates in 86. Before I had the Dragons I asked Jeff at ESL that I wanted the best Deck ever, I had the money aside to get the best, and he said what do you have in mind, and I said the 1000 ZXL, and he said why would you do that, and I said is the top of the the Nak decks, and he said is not, it is one of the best but is not, and I said well which is the best and he said the Dragon seems to be the best if done right, and I ask why, and he said newer technology, has the best azimuth in the world and can record like no other. You see some people will say the ZX-9 is the best recorder, some will say the CR-7A is the best, and some will say the 1000ZXL, and all I can say that a Dragon well done it is hard to beat having the ZX-9 and CR-7A. The Dragon was the deck that sold the best and the longest, it was embrace by the audiophile industry although it was never consider and audiophile piece, no cassette ever was. Your Tamberg is a great deck just as good as the Dragon. When you talked about the best is always the Tandberg and the Dragon and the 1000ZXL. I can get a BX300 and make sound great in my system, is the better decks that gives the edge with micro nuances, extesion detail that you can't hear with lesser decks. Again comes down to your speakres, amps. pre amps, CD Player, Turntable, cables to squeeze the most out of it. Don't worry so much what is the best, keep your Tanberg, buy a Dragon, own only 2 and make your system better and enjoy. Forget what others claim as deck sound is system dependent to hear the best.

-IAMHIFI

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.