Home Tech Square

Technical and speculative discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

Denon POA-2200 Power Amp repaired but getting hot.....any ideas??!

Hey everyone -

A while back I got hold of a broken Denon POA-2200 power amp: I've always wanted one. I took it to pieces and found dry joints on the same transistor on both left and right channels. I re-soldered the joints and it works fine and sounds great!!

BUT: one of the channels is running hotter than the other: this can't be right surely? It's basically a dual-mono kind of setup (see pic). Each channel board has a large heatsink. When I repaired the amp I made sure I used new insulators and compound on the transistors...... Now, the right channel's heatsink is stone cold, the left channel's heatsink is very warm after 20 minutes. Not too hot to touch, but very warm.

Surely this can't be right? Any ideas?

Any help appreciated!! Or if someone can suggest a better forum for the question, please do....I posted to Audiogon earlier, but then thought that this might be a more suitable place......

B

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Topic - Denon POA-2200 Power Amp repaired but getting hot.....any ideas??! - doctorhugocat 16:26:21 04/02/13 (3)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.